Orange Marmalade (Sweet)
orange marmalade recipe has been added at the request of one of our
site visitors, Curt Conant from Portland in the USA.
2 lbs 4 oz (1 kg) Oranges
2 lbs 4
oz (1 kg) Sugar
2 whole lemons
1. Peel the oranges, removing the pith (or
the marmalade will become bitter)
2. Chop the orange peel
into small pieces depending on your taste (thick cut or smooth cut
marmalade). Put the peel into a saucepan.
3. Cover the peel
with water, bring to the boil and boil for 5 minutes. Then drain the
4. Repeat step 3.
5. Once again repeat step
3 so that the peel has been boiled three times.
6. Chop up
the oranges into pieces and throw away any seeds and large pieces of
7. Chop up the whole lemons.
8.Put the orange
pieces, the chopped peel and the chopped lemons into a bowl and add 6
cups of water.
9. Leave to soak for 24 hours in a cool place.
10. Pour the bowl contents into a large saucepan and simmer for 40
11. Add the sugar and continue to cook until it is at
the desired constituance. This will take between 1 and 2 hours. DO NOT STIR. Use a wooden
spatula (or spoon) gently to ensure it does not stick to the bottom of
12. Allow to cool slightly then put into clean glass
|| || |
was created by
and bilingual services